Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Whats New?

My IS advisor (Mom) said this would be the easiest way to keep everyone current on my gang... I suppose I would have to agree. The kids are doing great.
John is taking 20 hours this semester at Seward County Community College. He also has a job at Penny's and Appleby's. Busy guy! He is living with Cassie, a friend of his and seems to really be enjoying himself.
Patty (what Patrick goes by these days) is also doing real well. He is taking 2 college courses as part of his final year in High School and has straight A's. He is also doing very well in football. He plays Guard on Offense and Lineman on Defense. They have won their 1st 2 games so far this season. We just got Patty a 2002 Grand Am. It gets good mileage and he is taking good care of it.
Matthew is also doing very well in school with straight A's. He and I just got back from San Diego to watch the Cowboys stomp the Chargers - was a lot of fun! We wnet to Mexico after the game and he wouldn't eat at the restaurant so I had to take him to Burger King. He is on the Junior Varsity Team as Tight End. Matthew will have his license in March but we already got him a little Buick sportscar. He seems to like it pretty much.
Rachel is growing prettier every day! She decided not to cheerlead this year but will probably go out next year when she gets in High School. She is going to fill in for John as my new "Janitor" at the office. All I have to do is get here up here to start (been 2 weeks). She has a lot of friends and seems really happy.
As you may or may not know, I bought an old house on 20 acres just south of Liberal (in Oklahoma) and have been consumed with re-modeling it. The pictures on the website are what it looked like before I started. It looks like a war zone now. The electricians are almost finished; The new central air and heat are in; The front porch has been torn out and a concrete one is going in sometime this week; I have 2 person hot tub to go on the porch when it is done and splurged on a 50" TV. I don't think I have ever owned one 1/2 that size. Will be nice for football season though! The electricians put my surround sound speakers in the ceiling - should sound real good.
A few weeks before dove season opened, I dug a pond near the house and filled it to hunt over. Uncle John came and stayed a few weeks with me and we have had some really good hunting. He has headed back to Mississippi now to survey the hurricane damage at his place. I was supposed to go fishing off of Bilouxi again this year, but Katrina nixed that plan! I guess I should be thankful for my good fortune instead of whining about haveing to cancel a fishing trip.
That is about all I have for now... Until next time.

No comments: