Thursday, September 22, 2005

Doves are still flying

I was headed out to work this morning but couldn't resist going back in for my shotgun. There were hundreds of dove flying over the new pond. Shot my limit in less than 10 minutes; cleaned the birds and was off to work 30 minutes late... Oh well. Gotta love it. It won't last too long - they will clear out pretty fast when the first cold front moves through so am shooting while I can.

I rented a floor sander, but after seeing how much work was involved made a bee line to the carpet store. I like the old hardwood floors, but the carpet will make the old house much warmer and easier to take care of. At least that is what I am telling myself. The electricians will be finished today. Concrete guys will be there in the morning to pour the porches and the carpet goes in next Wednesday. I see light at the end of the tunnel!

Back to work... M

No comments: